Sunday, August 5, 2012

Picture of the Week *803 Day*

Friday was One of my favorite days of the year!
August 3rd, AKA 8/03!
  ~~~~~~~~~
803 was the house number of my grandparents for over 60 years!!  Their little house on Sullivan Street was the location of some of my favorite childhood memories.  To this day I still miss the magic of 803 and I often think about how much I would love to go back for just one more visit with Grandma and Grandpa.

So in honor of 8.03 day, some fun Quilty pictures to walk down memory lane...


Q Family Reunion (1985 I think)
Melissa and I were the kiddos in the front wearing sandals with socks

This picture was taken in front of the tree in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard (they are seated in the middle).  They both got very dressed up for these occasions.  Grandma always looked so pretty and Grandpa always looked very handsome. 

This was the original 803 number on the light pole in front of Grandma and Grandpa's house! 
This did not make it to the new owners when we sold the house (sorry new owners).  The numbers are currently spending some time with the Q's in PA.

Just a few phrases of memories that took place at 803!  The stories behind these phrases would fill at least 10 blogs, but each mean so much to our family.
It's an understatement to say that Melissa and I had a great childhood.  And being a few blocks from Grandma and Grandpa had a huge part of this.  They were so special to us! 

One of my favorite memories with Grandma and Grandpa was eating popcorn along with a huge glass of Country Time lemonade.   Such a small thing  at the time but looking back we had so many great conversations over this late-night snack.  I haven't had a chance to enjoy my lemonade and popcorn yet in honor of 803 day but I have big plans to have some this week. 

Hope you all have a great week, and maybe even take a few minutes and enjoy a stroll down memory lane. 

~~~~~~~~~

1 comment: