Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Power of Pronouns

I'm very much an English geek.  It has always been my favorite subject in school and my someday dream job is to be a professional blogger.  But this weekend made me realize how much I LOVE pronouns.

She ~~ Her ~~ Shes ~~ Hers

What beautiful words!!  These are music to our ears! 
Let me take you back to Saturday morning...

Denny and I had the long-awaited ITSA party to find out if It's A Boy or It's a Girl!  It was hands down one of the most amazing weekends we have had in years. 

I was wide awake by 6 AM!  I could barely sleep because I was so excited to find out about the little person joining our family.  I was 99% certain it was a boy but I wanted to see the blue balloons to be sure.  I thought Denny was 99% certain it was a boy too, but at the last minute he came downstairs in a PINK shirt with a blue vest.  Pink shirt?!? I was shocked, but he said he had a last-minute feeling it could be a girl. 

Denny and I were so fortunate to have a lot of friends and family join us for the big reveal.  By 11 AM, the excitement was out of control, and our neighbor Theresa brought over the box (she was kind enough to pick it up from the florist). 

Here it is, YAY!!!

Our friends and family were really anxious and almost everyone dressed in either pink or blue.  It was so great to see that everyone was excited as us.  Check out this spirit!

By noon we were ready for the reveal.  Our hearts were racing as we realized it was time to find out if we were having a boy or girl!  I'll let the pictures tell this part of it...

"Ready to do this?"
"Hold my hand, I'm nervous"
 
PINK!?!?!?

So Shocked, So Happy...

So Emotional!
 
We're having a Little Girl!

Everyone was beyond thrilled!  The rest of the day was a blur filled with phone calls, texts, and a trip to Babies R Us. 

It is still sinking in for Denny and me, but on a walk tonight we discussed what this means to our friends and family.  It's fun to see where she fits in our little world.
  • Baby Girl McGee will be the first grand-daughter to both sets of our parents  (Denny's Mom never thought she would have a granddaughter, and already promised to buy her diamond studs when we get her ears pierced)
  • She will be the first girl to be born to a Quilty cousin in about 10 years (this ends the streak of about 9 boys).  She will be the first girl to be born on the Synk side since me (but in fairness, my cousin PJ was the only other birth)
  • When it comes to my college roomies, she will be girl #4 out of 4 babies total.  Apparently none of us will ever have a boy.
  • On our half of the street, there has not been a new baby boy in about 16 years (the few boys that live near us moved here later in life)
So there you have it... One AMAZING weekend! 
Now it's time to Think Pink!

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible suprise and what a FUN way to find out what Bean McGee is!!! I am so excited for you guys, and I totally teared up at the "so emotional" picture. I bet you agree that finding out the gender before she's actually born was still a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I couldn't agree more, finding out was one of the best surprises of my life, and it makes me even more excited. All day yesterday I kept thinking of fun moments we will have in her life and kept tearing up. I can't believe we will both have sweet little girls in just a few months! :) So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was one of the best surprises of my life!!! thank you so much for sharing this special day with all of us! we are so excited for baby girl to arrive :) Cant wait for all the fun times we get to share with her :)
    love you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete