Sunday, May 27, 2012

Little Kicks & Big Steps

Memorial Day weekend is here, hooray!!  Summer is arriving and so is the McGee Staycation.  Denny and I both have the next week off of work to relax, work on the Beanette's room and enjoy this beautiful weather.  We are SO excited and ready to relax!!


But before I chat too much about 10 days of no alarm clocks, I should acknowledge some big events this past week.  For the first time, I felt the Baby Girl move!!  I'm 21 weeks and and I was starting to worry since all the books say you should feel it between weeks 16 and 20, but she is officially fluttering around and I can feel it!  Denny kept telling me not to worry because it was possible that she is lazy like us, and his dad instincts one again prove to be correct (about not worrying, not about her being lazy).  Plus according to our nurse practitioner the Beanette is a bit lower, which can make it harder to feel her moves.  Apparently she decided on seats directly behind the dugout versus sitting in the nosebleed section.  Smart girl!

Feeling our little girl kick inside me has inspired me to get my legs moving, so next year I'm officially committing to running either a half marathon or be part of a 4-person marathon team (if anyone is interested in being part of a marathon team, let me know!).  Running a half marathon was my goal this spring (if we didn't first get good news), so now I've decided to hit the Reset button on my goal.  I realize this is a big committment to announce it on a blog because all my readers will now be able to hold me accountable... so if both of you could do your best to get me moving once Beanette arrives I would greatly appreciate it.  It might be a long journey to get to the finish line, but I'm glad to have a little pink bundle of joy (and her cute Dad) to give me some extra motivation. 


Speaking of getting moving, I better head across the streets.  Our awesome neighbors are hosting their Annual Memorial Day bash and the party is in full-swing.  Wishing everyone a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. im on board with the half!!! i'd like to actually run one once ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in God's name are those watermelon drinks up top?!? I'm drooling!!! Totally craving watermelon 24/7 these days!!

    ReplyDelete