Thursday, May 17, 2012

Some of my Favorite Things

Sorry friends, this isn't the Oprah episode in which I shower you with gifts.  It's just a blog post from an emotional Mom-to-be having a not fantastic day. 

I try to always give 100% in all I do, often 150% or more.  I'm not tooting my own horn, it's just how I was raised.  But with one aspect of life lately, the results have not matched the efforts, which has been causing me tremendous frustration and concern.  I keep trying new ways and and new approaches but the results keep coming up short. 

I try not to be down and out about the little(ish) things in life especially when so many big things in life are really good right now, but somedays I can't help it .  I think this makes me human, right? 

But whenever I'm worried about how things will work out, I look to my favorite little figurine given to me by a friend who knew me since I was in diapers.  Take a look...
 
H-O-P-E
What a great little word! 

Four little letters that help me to keep a postive outlook and help me to keep focused on brighter days.  When I recieved this gift it was during a major heartbreak Denny and I experienced last year.  We kept Hoping things would get better and it did.  Now we are 20 weeks away from meeting a little pink bundle of joy aka proof that Hope turns to good things.   

With this situation I'm experiencing I know it will all work out because it always does.  If life's all about learning and growing, maybe this bumpy road I'm on is a journey to make me a better person.  But at the end of the day (or sometimes, the middle of the day), I glance at this little Hope figurine on my desk and I'm reminded that it's best to think of sun even when stuck in a rainstorm with a broken umbrella.      

So, here's to Hope and good thoughts!  And I hope that each have your little piece of Hope that you can think of when life get you down.    

No comments:

Post a Comment