Friday, May 18, 2012

To Do Lists

Speaking of my favorite things, nothing puts me in a better mood than a great weekend To Do list (yes, I realize that proclaiming this via a blog is the equivalent to wearing an I'm a Geek t-shirt), but it's the truth and I'm proud to admit it!

Let me clarify that not all to do lists are the same.  From 10 PM Sunday to 5 PM Friday, I live my life by check marks.  If I can get 8-12 checks on my Work or Home to do list (both separate lists) in a day, I view it as a success.  The lists are packed with tiers of organization, sub-lists and categories: To Do, To Send, To Buy.  They go on and on.  This week I was so focused on getting a lot done that I actually found "Relax" on my Home To Do list in Denny's handwriting.  My husband's a smart man so I took his advice.  Thirty minutes of DVR later I placed a check mark next to the Relax Box.  One more item, done!

But the weekend To Do lists have a sense of fun and excitement to them because these lists actually include things I want to accomplish.  Last weekend, I had "Host our reveal party" as an item.  Giant Check!  This weekend my To Do list includes "Pick paint samples for the Beanette's room," "Work on her registry," and "Pick up her crib"... talk about fun!

Tonight I'm actually going out on a limb and not even bothering to write anything down, but it doesn't stop me from formulating a To Do list in my head.  It starts in about 2 minutes with "Post to blog, check!" "Pick up pizza," "Eat it on couch next to hubby," and "Relax!"
So, with that being said, it's time to run!  I've got an order to pick-up and a weekend to enjoy!  I hope you all do the same. 
TGIF!!


No comments:

Post a Comment