Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Melissa!!

I came into this world with one of the best advantages in life ever (no, not just my stunning good looks)... an awesome big sister, Melissa! 

Awesome Where's the Beef matching jammies!
As sisters we had our share of fights but more often than not, we were best friends.  Melissa was my interpreter until she went to kindergarten (why talk when someone could do it for you?).  We shared clothes, Barbies, a room and a childhood. 

Growing up a Q wasn't always easy.  Melissa threw magnets at me when I wore headgear, and I laughed at her when she did science fair projects.  But together we survived perms, embarrassing cars, family car trips and tons of other crazy happenings... and I wouldn't change one thing about it.

The Quilty version of Barker's Beauties showing off Clicker Car

When we went to OU, we got even closer!  My freshman dorm room was about 100 yards from her senior apartment (ideal for when she was kind enough to buy me beer). 
And we've been by each others side ever since.  Together we cheered for each other and supported each other as we earned diplomas, hunted for houses, said I Do and became Moms. 

OU Class of 2002 graduation!




 I'm so lucky to you as a best friend and big sister Melissa! 
Wishing you a wonderful day and your best year yet!!    LLKK

1 comment:

  1. you are the best best best! and i love you :) thank you for the awesome birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete