Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cha Cha Changes

It's been an exciting few months in the McGee house to say the least, and the changes continue.

Let me start at the beginning...

Four years ago Denny and I were getting ready for our Big Day and I was also making plans in my mind for another big endeavor, grad school!  I had been in the hospitality and events industry at that time for about 3 years and I was starting to wonder what opportunities existed outside of the world of Heads in Beds. 

Denny and I said I Do in August, and in November we said I Do to grad school.  It was half the excitement of our wedding and twice the cost so I'm not sure what we were thinking (perhaps we were still drunk off Balashi beer from our honeymoon in Aruba). 
<><>
Y-U-M!!
Denny and I pushed each other through the program one class at a time.  Finally after 2 1/2 years of very little sleep, gallons of coffee, hours of work and 4 Gigs of my jump drive, we graduated, celebrated and returned to normal life aka sleeping more than 4 hours a night.
Double Hooray!

Since then this little piece of me has still been wondering what else is out there.  Not that I haven't loved my time working with some amazing people in the crazy hospitality world, but I been full of curiosity.  I felt like Columbus wondering if the world really was round.  I just had to find out!

So, I did.  And in just a few days I'll say good-bye to the hospitality world after almost 7 years.

I am SO thrilled to announce that I accepted a Business Development role at the UB Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership.  It wasn't necessarily on my To Do while 6 months pregnant, but I have come to find out that life rarely listens to any one's game plan.  And when opportunity Knocks - you open the door, invite it in and serve it iced tea.

I have worked with the UB CEL team in the past, and I am joining an amazing team!  They have been 100% supportive (and informed) about Beanette from Day 1, which makes one more change during this time of my life way less stressful.   The really rewarding part of my new role is that my work at UB will help local business leaders grow their entrepreneurial spirit and ultimately help business in Buffalo thrive. 

I'm really happy and I feel like I found my little place in life.  So here's to another change in one of the most exciting years of our life!  Oh, and go Bulls!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS  I'm not the only pregnant woman taking on a new role.  Yahoo recently hired a new CEO due with a Baby Boy this October.  Cheers to brave women trying to have it all while in maternity pants.  To weigh in on this from a Mommy point of view, click here!


~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment