Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Year Ago Today...

~~ Friday, April 29, 2011 ~~

A historic day indeed!
The world watched as an adorable Royal couple united in marriage, a royal rump-in-law became famous, and ridiculous head wear became royally mocked.

While the world had their eyes fixated on jolly old England, I had my eyes fixated on my jolly old cell phone.  There was another potential event, even BIGGER than the Royal Wedding...
My nephew Ryan's due date!!

I had been waiting for this day since August 21, 2010 (the morning Melissa had a positive pregnancy test).  Actually I had been waiting for this since the 80's (sorry Waity Katie, I trump you on this one).  Ever since Melissa and I got our first Cabbage Patch dolls, we had been preparing to someday welcome babies (after we finished first grade, met our own Prince Charmings, and married them, of course).  We practiced with Cabbage Patch kids, stuffed dogs, Popples and anything else that we could pretend to feed and dress.  When the JC Penney's catalog came out every year, we would browe through the baby section and pick out cribs and baby gear.  Well, let's be honest; Melissa and her best friend Missy would pick stuff out, and I would try to tag along when they shared the catalog with me. 

Needless to say, I was one excited Auntie-to-be!  But, my adorable nephew didn't feel like sharing his big day, or his big month with the bride & groom across the pond.  Sooooo April 29, 2011 came... and it went... and Ryan didn't make an appearance.  At least I had some royally-entertaining TV to keep me busy while I waited.

I'll tell more about the day Ryan decided to arrive later this week.  Until then, Pip Pip Cheerio!
~~~
PS  On a sidenote, William & Kate, you really need to focus on improving the mail service in the UK.  I still have not recieved the invite to your wedding.  Crazy, right?  Oh well, maybe it will be in my mailbox Monday! 


1 comment:

  1. awww, i loved the JCPennys catalog and i love even more how much you LOVE Ryan :)
    You are an awesome auntie and so very dedicated to be there the whole long day :)
    im working on his birth store for this week on the ol blog too!!

    ReplyDelete